Tea isn’t just for drinking! It can make a big difference in your beauty routine. Here are some ways you can incorporate Darjeeling tea into your beauty routine.
Green Tea Hair Rinse
Who doesn’t love shiny, luscious hair? Green Darjeeling Tea can help you achieve this.
1) Steep 4 teaspoons of Green Darjeeling Tea in a pitcher of hot water
2) Let leaves steep for half an hour then strain
3) Leave the tea to cool overnight in the fridge
4) Pour tea over wet hair and leave for 10-15 minutes
5) Rinse hair with cool water, shampoo and condition
Ta-Da! Super shiny, healthy hair.
Green Tea Face Spray
Dry, irritated skin? No Worries! Green Darjeeling Tea can be used to sooth and moisturize the skin. It’s similar to a facial. This can really help with blackheads as well.
1) Steep 3 tsp of Green Darjeeling Tea in 3 cups of hot water
2) Let leaves steep for 20-30 minutes
Strain cooled water into a clean spray bottle
Add 2-3 drops of Vitamin-E Oil (optional)
4) Spritz on face morning & night, leave for 10 minutes before washing off
Darjeeling Tea Eye Treatment
Do you wake up in the morning with bags under your eyes or just puffy eyes in general? Second-Flush Darjeeling Tea can help with that!
1) Steep 1 tsp of Second-Flush Darjeeling in 1 cup of boiling water
2) Let leaves steep for 8-10 minutes
3) Strain tea into a cup or container and allow to cool
4) Soak cotton balls in tea and place under eyes for 10-15 minutes
Darjeeling Tea Bath
I don’t know about you but I LOVE taking a relaxing bath in the afternoon. But here’s an idea – try adding some loose-leaf tea to your bath! Taking a Second-Flush Darjeeling tea bath can supposedly reduce wrinkles and smoothen dry skin.
1) Steep 3-4 tablespoons of Second-Flush Darjeeling in 1 liter of hot water
2) Leave tea to steep for 15-20 minutes
3) Strain tea and add directly to bath
4) Soak for as long as you want, lightly rinsing afterwards
Now that you know how to incorporate Darjeeling tea into your beauty routine, it’s time to purchase some Darjeeling and get started!
Get amazing, organic Darjeeling here: Boston Tea Campaign
For Canada, go here: Tea Campaign Canada
Stay posted for more Tea & Beauty posts where I try out all of these tea beauty routines myself.